Arakan

The land that is known as Arakan by the foreigners is called Rakhaing-pray by its own people, Rakhaing-thar (Arakanese) who were titled this name in honour of preservation on their national heritage and ethics or morality.

25th ASEAN Summit opens in Nay Pyi Taw

Posted by Arakan Indobhasa Thursday, November 13, 2014

“Challenges remain in tackling the issues that will emerge in the post-2015 ASEAN Community,” said President Thein Sein on November 12 at the opening ceremony of the 25th ASEAN Summit in Myanmar’s capital, Nay Pyi Taw.


Thein Sein cautioned that “the roadmap for the ASEAN Community has been completed by 80 percent. And challenges remain in implementing the remaining 20 percent of the targets and addressing the issues that will emerge in the post-2015 ASEAN Community.”

The ASEAN 2014 chairperson pointed out important tasks were undertaken during the year including strengthening the ASEAN Institutions in line with ASEAN Charter, and working for the ASEAN Community’s Post-2015 Vision.

The ASEAN Community will launch in December 2015. For that, the remaining tasks and the capacity building of institutions in the ASEAN will be discussed at the summit.

In his 14-minute speech, President Thein Sein honoured both Indonesian President Joko Widodo and Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, who are attending the ASEAN Summit for the first time.

“I strongly believe that your leadership could bring peace, stability, economic growth and prosperity to your countries,” President Thein Sein said.

Joko Widodo who was the governor of Jakarta, was sworn-in as Indonesian President recently. Joko Widodo named “a South East Asia’s democratic force” won over his opposition former general in the Indonesian presidential election.

Former general Prayuth Chan-ocha becomes a prime minister of Thailand after ex-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is also attending the ASEAN Summit and the ASEAN-India summit for the first time.

Also present on the opening ceremony were UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and heads of state and government from ASEAN Member States.

http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8083:25th-asean-summit-kicks-off-in-nay-pyi-taw&catid=44:national&Itemid=384

0 comments

Ancient Arakan Gold and Sliver Coins

    Translate This Page